It has been said that we live in exponential times, for example in this cool TED video by Ray Kurzweil. Lately I get the feeling that this is also true in terms of startups and initiatives. It seems to explode. This is the cool stuff that I've seen or first heard from this week.
- Multi-person chat and video room. Sounds promising, multi-person web-based video chat was still missing. Invite-only beta.
- High-quality HD personal video site for consumers. Open to register.
- Make and present beautiful presentations online. Keynote on the web. Invite-only beta. See Scoble's interview.
- Like friendfeed but with all business (not personal) feeds in one place. View all of your shopping, travel related information in one screen. Cool but mostly US feeds so far. Invite-only beta.
- Social tagging site. A bit like del.icio.us I guess but apparently they have some cool differentiator, see Scoble's interview and demo. Invite only beta, and they even ask you why you care about their product!
- Search in video for people and text. Based on KGB technology. Check Vincent Everts' interview. Invite-only beta.
- Widget to put your life in a graph. I must love this. Check this youtube demo video.