Successful shopping with your wife
When shopping with my wife this afternoon I was, not for the first time, struck by her seemingly irrational behaviour. She showed a skirt to me, asking me if I liked it. I said I thought it was very nice. So she put it back right away.
I turned to Twitter, asking "What law don't I know yet?". Here are a few tips coming from the responses to that question.
- Tip: Don't be too enthousiastic, it looks suspicious. First be critical, look at it, and then approve.
- Be sincere. Don't look at other girls while you're saying it.
- There is a law that says 'Men are never right'. Worryingly, this tip came from a woman.
- Tip: Use superlatives, like stunning, mindblowing, just perfect.
- Another law: "If he likes it right away, it is too easy."
- Another law: "If he likes it right away, it is too short."
- Tip: Ask her if she really needs it. You will be outside the shop within 2 minutes, with the garment.
- Tip: Feelings. "Reminds me of our first date." or "Looks great with your eyes."
- Tip: Ask her what she thinks of it, and go with that. It shows that you have attention. A bit weird one this, but who knows. ;-)