Popular sites must be bad
According to Molblog and Metrixlab, this is the list of Top 10 'worst website' in Holland. Here's the list, along with the ranking of each website in the Top 20 Websites of 2008 in terms of Traffic according to Multiscope.
- Telegraaf (19)
- Hyves (2)
- KPN (-)
- MSN (7)
- Startpagina (9)
- Marktplaats (4)
- Mediamarkt (-)
- Belastingdienst (-)
- Postbank (10)
- Rabobank (18)
7 out of 10 of the worst websites are in the Top 20 most visited websitesThere are a few conclusions that you can draw from this.
- People hate all sites. The most popular ones get most hate.
- It really doesn't pay to invest in usability. Being bad may actually help.
- The most visited sites fill a basic need. Sell stuff, do banking, stay in touch. Bad site or not, you need to get this done.
- The most visited websites get visited so much because they are so bad. You can never find what you need, so you give up and come back later.
- Notably absent in the Top 10 worst sites are Google and Buienradar.nl. They serve only one purpose. People like single purpose websites.
Quite strange. Do you have another conclusion?